Due to the changes IASF has implemented, any non-US coaches will have to get their coaching certification within their own country now. BCCA is offering a credentialing program until a national coaches certification program is created. Members of the BCCA are actively working with Cheer Canada to create national coaching certification so there will be some continuity when we transition into the national program.
If you have no previous coaching Certification or it has been expired for more than 6 months you may credential level 1-2 for a $50 flat rate. This rate includes an online written test and an in-person/virtual coaching evaluation. If you only wish to do a single level , please see below.
If you are re-certifying your existing level, it is a $35 flat rate. If you have an active certification (obtained through USASF or BCCA within the past 3 years) and would like to upgrade to a higher level, please see the table below for rates.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7|
This rate includes an online written test and an in-person/virtual coaching evaluation.
If you are credentialing for level 3, 4 and/or 5, a practical field experience form must be completed prior to seeing a Coach Evaluator (CE).
Please note that level 6 and level 7 is currently being developed and will be available in the near future.
If your certification has expired because you did not re-credential within 6 months after your credential expired, you will have to start from level 1.
Credentialing occurs in three periods: May, August, and November.
If there is a pressing emergency to be scheduled outside these periods or if you have 8+ coaches to be scheduled at the same location in the same session please email email@example.com to see when there is availability.
How to Prepare:
- Become familiar with coaching and troubleshooting Cheerleading skills as listed here.
- When you are ready, fill out <this form> to state your intention to be scheduled for an in person test.
- Send your payment (according to the level you are seeking) through e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your full name in the message/note field as use an easy to answer secret question such as “What sport is this for” Answer: Cheerleading. You will not be scheduled until a payment has been received.
- The Credentialing Administrator (CA) will contact you within several days of your payment to provide you with links to the online test.
** Please note that there is an additional fee of $10 to retake the online exam.
- A Coach Evaluator (CE) will contact you to set up a date and location of your Coach Evaluation (May, August, November).
- You MUST complete your online test prior to the 1st of May, August, or November to be scheduled your Coach Evaluation in those respective months.
- Complete your Practical Field Form with your gym owner or supervising coach (if you are credentialing level 3, 4, or 5) and send a digital copy to email@example.com.
** Please note that this needs to be done before the CA will send your contact information to the CE.
- Complete your Coach Evaluation on the date scheduled.
a. If you have been successful you will be emailed a “Trained” certificate which shows that you have completed the theoretical aspects of credentialing following the end of the Evaluation month.
b. If you are unsuccessful, your CE will explain areas for improvement prior to scheduling a re-take evaluation.
** Please note that there is an additional fee of $20 to retake the coach evaluation.
c. If you do not show up for your session, you will not receive a refund. If you contact your CE 48 hours in advance, they will work with you to reschedule.
- To become a fully “Certified” coach, you must send in the following documents required by BC (respect in sport, concussion training, basic coaching course, proof of valid first aid and criminal record check). Submit all the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a “Certified” certificate within 7 days.