Cheer Coaching Requirements in cooperation with Cheerleading Canada
One Time Requirement
- Basic coaching courses.
NCCP Planning a Practice and Making Ethical Decisions (in person or online $130)
- Register for the courses: http://www.viasport.ca/coaching/homestudy or find a course hosted in BC: http://www.viasport.ca/coaching/nccp-course-calendar
- Note if you are Level 1 NCCP certified in any sport please submit your NCCP number for verification
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- Online course $30 https://bcca.respectgroupinc.com/
REQUIREMENT to be completed every THREE YEARS
- Cheer specific level credentialing. One of the two options are required.
- Valid BCCA Certification
- Valid (non-expired) IASF/USASF certification
- OR ICU certification
- Valid Emergency First Aid & CPR training
- It is recommended one person in the gym holds standard first aid or higher
- Criminal record check
- You may submit your local criminal record check to your gym owner
- OR complete your background check online through (http://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/bccheerleading)
- Results are typically available in one business day and identify verification can be done online or at your local Canada Post location.
- Concussion training (below) OR NCCP Making Head Way
- Complete Concussion Management course available for to BCCA members for free (https://courses.completeconcussions.com/concussion-sideline-course-coaches-trainers-school-teachers/)
- Choose English when prompted
- In the second box regarding coupon code- click to expand it – Type in the coupon code: BCCHEER2018
- Complete the rest of your details in “Billing Details” even though currently for BCCA members it is free.
- Click the link “place order”
This is for all coaches: recreation, scholastic, collegiate and all star. All coaches must be 16 years of age or older.
For questions on requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.