The BCCA Scholarship at a value of $1000 is available for the 2020-2021 cheerleading season. Either $1000 to one successful applicant or $500 for two successful applicants.
APPLICATIONS for 2020-2021 will be open in the fall.
The applicant must provide the following:
- One personal reference – from a present school administrator / teacher or an outside source (other than the student’s cheerleading coach).
- One page letter that explains how the scholarship will benefit and/or help them pursue their educational and post-secondary plans.
- A copy of their grade 11 academic transcript and interim grade 12 grades.
Please mail your application by February 1st 2021 to:
c/o Keri Lewis
14-970 Laval Cres.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
These scholarships will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and skills, has a history of excellent community service involvement, as well as a proven academic performance. The letter will be given the most weight when considering final candidates – please pay special attention to communicating coherent and concise thoughts in regards to the selection criteria in this requirement.
The following criteria must be met when applying for the above scholarship:
- Grade 12 students registered in a BC High School
- Be a registered member (recreational or Competitive) with a BCCA affiliated program
The purpose of this scholarship is to offset Post-Secondary tuition; thus no monies will be awarded until evidence is received of registration in a Post-Secondary program.
The Scholarship winner must redeem their scholarship no later than January 31, 2022. If the scholarship has not been redeemed by the above-mentioned date, it will be considered lost or defaulted. It will be the responsibility of the athlete’s coach to communicate this information directly to the athlete.