The BCCA Scholarship at a value of $500 is available for the 2017-2018 cheerleading season.
APPLICATIONS for 2017-2018 are now open.
The applicant must provide the following:
- One personal reference – from a present school administrator / teacher or an outside source (other than the student’s cheerleading coach).
- One page letter that explains how the scholarship will benefit and/or help them pursue their educational and post-secondary plans.
- A copy of their grade 11 academic transcript and interim grade 12 grades.
Please mail your application by March 16th 2018 to:
c/o Keri Lewis
4-1760 Copperhead Dr.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
These scholarships will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and skills, has a history of excellent community service involvement, as well as a proven academic performance. The letter will be given the most weight when considering final candidates – please pay special attention to communicating coherent and concise thoughts in regards to the selection criteria in this requirement.
The following criteria must be met when applying for the above scholarship:
- Grade 12 students registered in a BC High School
- Be a registered member (recreational or Competitive) with a BCCA affiliated program
The purpose of this scholarship is to offset Post-Secondary tuition; thus no monies will be awarded until evidence is received of registration in a Post-Secondary program.
The Scholarship winner must redeem their scholarship no later than January 31, 2018. If the scholarship has not been redeemed by the above-mentioned date, it will be considered lost or defaulted. It will be the responsibility of the athlete’s coach to communicate this information directly to the athlete.
The winners of the 2016-2017 scholarships were:
Dela Purdy, Island Elite
Sophia Mannella, Champion Cheerleading