Up to two BCCA Scholarships at a value of up to $500 are available for the 2016-2017 cheerleading season.
APPLICATIONS for 2016-2017 are now open.
The applicant must provide the following:
- One personal reference – from a present school administrator / teacher or an outside source (other than the student’s cheerleading coach).
- One page letter that explains how the scholarship will benefit and/or help them pursue their educational and post-secondary plans.
- A copy of their grade 11 academic transcript and interim grade 12 grades.
Please mail your application by March 10th 2017 to:
c/o Keri Lewis
4-1760 Copperhead Dr.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
These scholarships will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and skills, has a history of excellent community service involvement, as well as a proven academic performance. The letter will be given the most weight when considering final candidates – please pay special attention to communicating coherent and concise thoughts in this requirement.
The following criteria must be met when applying for the above scholarship:
- Grade 12 students registered in a BC High School
- Participating in a BCCA sanctioned cheerleading event
- Be a member at a BCCA registered program
The purpose of this scholarship is to offset Post-Secondary tuition; thus no monies will be awarded until evidence is received of registration in a Post-Secondary program.
The Scholarship winner must redeem their scholarship no later than January 31, 2018. If the scholarship has not been redeemed by the above-mentioned date, it will be considered lost or defaulted. It will be the responsibility of the athlete’s coach to communicate this information directly to the athlete.
The winners of the 2014-2015 scholarships were:
Kaitlyn Buhler, Panther Cheer Athletics now attending University of Calgary
Eliza Regan, Absolute Cheer and Tumbling now attending Langara College